Glass Material : Dual-curved sapphire crystal Glass Coating : Anti-reflective coating on inner surface Case size : Diameter 40mm × Thickness 13mm Clasp type : Three-fold clasp with push button release
Calibre no. : 9S65 Movement Type : Automatic with manual winding capacity Power reserve : Approx. 72 hours(3 days) Accuracy : +5 to -3 seconds per day (when static)
Water resistance : 10 bar Magnetic resistance : Equipped Weight : 159.0 g Other details / Features :
- ・35 jewels
- ・Case back with lion emblem
- ・Date display
- ・LIMITED EDITION on the case back
- ・Screw case back
- ・See-through case back
- ・Serial number engraved on the case back
- ・Stop seconds hand function
The brilliant blue sky over Mt. Iwate at dawn that greets the watchmakers and technicians of the Grand Seiko Studio Shizukuishi is a sight to behold, especially when it is tinged with the red of the morning sun. It is this combination of colours that has inspired the design of this new automatic timepiece. The blue of the dial is echoed in the vivid blue of the titanium sections of the oscillating weight and a red ring inside the sapphire crystal case back mirrors the glow of the morning sun as it rises and causes light to flood through the broad windows of the studio.
The watch is powered by Calibre 9S65 which delivers a power reserve of 72 hours and a precision rate of +5 to -3 seconds a day. It is assembled, adjusted and inspected by hand at the recently opened Grand Seiko Studio Shizukuishi from where Mt Iwate’s inspiring and graceful form is clearly visible.
* The blue of the oscillating weight is achieved through an anodic oxidation process in which metals are subjected to electrolysis so as to generate an oxide film. This oxide film produces colour according to the light refraction index when the thickness of the oxide film is carried.