- What is time? The never ending quest.The passion at the heart and soul,driving every Takumi at Grand Seiko.From planning, to design, to the actual makingand throughout their offer.Passionate, meticulous and uncompromising.Their quest knows no end.
- For they knowthat there is a spirituality of time to be discovered.Uniquely Japaneseand revered throughout history.
- Time is nature.With all her expressions.Each fleeting moment,minute and second a unique expression.Unveiled through nuances of light and shadow.
- Fast and slow.Serene and dynamic.Passing and greeting.Always in motion.Graceful, ever-changing and grand.
Celebrating the Japanese spirituality of timebrought to life with the pride and spirit of Takumi.
Beyond quest.Beyond mastery of craft.Is the spirit of Takumi.
- The spirit of Takumilives deep within every Grand Seiko watch.Practiced and perfected as “the way”the artisans pour their hearts and souls;their entire selves in every detailof the process.
- The result is an elevated horology.An art of pioneering precision,legibility,durability,and beauty.
- All in the pursuit of the ideal watch.Only, their pursuit knows no end.
- Deliberate, sculpted lines, and mirrored surfaces,polished to perfection.Multi-faceted indexes,wide and refined hour and minute handsbecoming mediums of light and shadow,revealing intricate detaildeep and within.
- Meticulously crafted.Nature incarnated in every detail of its artistry.
- Each soul place of Grand Seiko’s manufactureis nestled in nature and carefully selectedto offer ideal conditions for the Takumisto research and develop the finest materialsand advanced technology.Grand Seiko Studio Shizukuishi is locatedin majestic Iwate prefecturewhilst the Shinshu Watch Studio is surroundedby the beautiful mountains and lake of Shinshu.
- Three movements are craftedin these idyllic soul places:The Mechanical movement—from the Hi-Beat 36,000 to the 28,800—represents the sharp precision of time.The Spring Drive movement—bringing together mechanical and electronicwatchmaking for the best of both worlds—portrays the seamless flow of time.The Quartz movement—which marks the passageof time second by second—expresses powerful precision.Each movement all tell distinctive storiesunfolding THE NATURE OF TIME.